Mocca

By Liku Layuk Allo - June 19, 2011


When I was in elementary school, this is one of my favorite album.



Mocca is my favorite local-indie band. Been falling in love since My Secret Admirer. The band's musical style is inspired by the retro sounds of the 70s, with influences of swing, bossa nova,Swedish pop, and jazz. For me they sound like Disney or cartoon soundtracks, which is simple, catchy, happy, cute, and honest. And they are sort of story-telling band :)

Setelah mendengar berita bahwa mereka bakal vakum dalam waktu yang cukup lama, perasaanku langsung campur aduk. Why? How? When? Why? Aku baru nyadar kalau Arina udah 33 tahun dan akan menikah. Ya, Arina pun seorang dewasa. Selama ini dia kelihatan seperti gadis yang selalu ceria dan kekanak-kanakan. Apa yang ada di pikiran Arina saat dia melanjutkan hidupnya, dan kelak akan menjadi seorang ibu? Akankah dia tetap menjadi gadis yang menciptakan berbagai karya polos yang begitu menggugah?

I can only hope that someday they will reunite and continue making songs. This journey is too sweet, and I want someday in my old age, I still sing along with Mocca songs..

Thank you, guys, for those beautiful melodies. I will miss Arina's voice and the flute. :') Oh, and thank you for duet with Bob Tutupoly. Those are best too.




I love Arina and her flute





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. how awesome they are, and your blog about it :p .. i like it .. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they are. and thank you for visiting

    ReplyDelete