My Blog: Past, Present, Future

By Liku Layuk Allo - November 20, 2015

I can remember clearly about the days I start to blog. The idea has been there all along. I was a very busy-minded teen, I always have something in my head that needs to "explode" and the only thing to keep me sane is writing it down or drawing it. Growing up, drawing is not as simple as when I was still a kid. Now it's easier for me to just write. From very "ababil" blogs that contains angers and those silly things of a teenager's life, I finally have a more "proper" place and wise enough to not write anything-too stupid in my blog. Hahahah! Moreover, I made this blog because I simply want to practice my English, and I keep train myself to do so even after a while. Even it is just a book that I like, songs that I listen to, or my boring daily life, my blog has been my personal therapy along these years.

These days, people are getting creative with their blog. I saw many bloggers changed their domains into more "official" web-like blog. Many people makes segmented blogs (travel blog, fashion blog, photography blog, etc) to make it look neat, focus, and fancy. Sometimes I do consider this too, because those kind of blogs are always nice to read and look at. Maybe I will gain more reader/followers in some specific fields if I focus on a topic only, to expand. But, then I realize that I just can't be like that. I am not a segmented person. I do love to travel, but I also love books, music, fashion, movies, and considering the basic reason why did I start to write online:  I need my blog as personal therapy. I write things that I like, things that randomly caught me, and those tearjerking feelings that I will never do/say in real life. My daily life is my kind of future project. Someday, I will look back to everything and read those sh*ts happened and (hopefully) smile. This blog is pure an idealist project. But actually, I love to answer comment even though I am surprised to see someone read my shits. Hahah. They are my amazing silent readers. Hahahah. Happy 6 years guys! If you're still there, please, always be my guest. 


People can get bored with me, but I will never get bored with myself. This blog is the reflection of me. And we have to love ourselves, right?

2009 where it was all started, I was a student of another faculty, somebody's girlfriend, and a girl without a lot of experiences. I am surprised to see where I stand now; how I fit into some new circumstances. And I am kind of surprised how those 6 years haven't changed some pieces inside me as well. I am not a routine blogger, I took big gaps between almost each of my post, due to my continuous routine of life. But coming back to this blog, there's a longing feeling of what I used to do passionately, and get rid of the social medias such as path, etc. It comforts me when I realize that I still have a  "home" to step on the ground and being present, being true to myself. This blog is a home, and I always want to come back. Someday when I bear my two kids, or traveling with my husband, I will always write about them and still being myself. Statement is a prayer, ladies and gentlemen. So, just state it. Have a nice day!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments