See you in His home

By Liku Layuk Allo - January 02, 2011


How could I describe Oma Rita in my eyes?

Although she was not directly my grandmother, but it can't cover the truth that I'm very close to her. Since childhood I lived near her, as well as our house nearby. Oma Rita take a big role in my way becoming an adult.

Oma Rita is a very kind figure. Ask anyone who knew her, they would say the same thing. Oma Rita always give the best for every person she knew. She was 87 years until his death, and she was still considering many people and events that has passed with its details, which may have been rarely can be done by someone in her age. Oma Rita lives alone, but that did not make the house atmosphere became quiet. Because there were many people who come to visit just to see her and talk to her. She was so warm, so nice to everyone.

I remember once, when I was a child, when it was hectic with the trend of "scooters". Scooter was cost about 500 thousand rupiahs(it WAS expensive), and suddenly she sent me and my brother two scooters; each with the price of 1 million and ordered specially from jakarta. I was very happy and ran straight to Oma Rita's house to hug her.
She always pays attention to me. Every year in my birthday, or my mother's birthday, she always sends food. And when I succeeded in something, or taking a vacation, Grandma always give the "amplop". And I'm sure, I'm not the only one who was given such attention.

One thing that I could not forget from oma rita, are: she loves all people. Those people who work to her are the people who have worked for decades; oma rarely change a person. Starts from her nurse, domestic helpers, chef, until the gardener; all of them are people who are very loyal to Oma. And they got her attention, of course. All those person whom loyal to her, was given a house, and various living allowances; which ensures their lives until the end of life when they can not work anymore.

This fact of her impressed me the most.
I really respect her, I love the fact that she is an old but always look pretty, wearing perfume, jewelry, and nail polish. Although she can't walk anymore, she always eager for a walk on her wheelchair, and in her spare time she likes to read romantic novels in Dutch . Yes, Oma is very good at speaking Dutch, as he speaks English well.
And with her angel-personality, I am with no doubt saying : she is my hero. And someday I'll be like her.


Now you are gone, but you will always live in everyone's heart.
You are beautiful Oma, as your heart is made of gold.

See you in His home.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments