Golden Times

By Liku Layuk Allo - September 02, 2012


Another long break, huh? How’s everyone doing?
Exams are over, Lebaran has passed,  and my choir rush also ended nicely.  Got so many stories to tell here, and allow me to start by introducing my new age : “DEWIANA LIKU LAYUK ALLO, 22 YEARS OLD!” which is started on July 23rd. Oh my God. I am 22 already and I still like all those cartoons and children books. A 22 years old WOMAN whom remember all the things mentioned in Sailor Moon manga and never moved on from Dobby’s death. Sexy.

In the end of July, choir thing got its peak. We joined Bali International Choir Festival(BICF) 2012 which is a choir symposium, music workshop, and competition that held every year by Bandung Choral Society. I sort of can’t believe that it was happened, because I admit there’s lot of struggle back then. Once we’re in doubt, I told myself that “whatever will happen, you gotta accept it because you have through this in a worse condition.” So I was like, “ok, whatever”. But hard work and pray really does matter.  It was settled, and we can join the competition.

I am missing the sound of my choir mates surround me. We had quarantine that aims to focus more on practice the songs and coreography. Great times! I miss those yells and laughs and UNO-session and silly photo shoot, curhat session while washing the dishes, the moment when Kak Irfy read tarot for us, the music games session(yang kalah cuci piring) and also the nights when we stood for hours; practicing the songs.  I love the whole team, especially the girls. Opi ibu-ibu toraja, Ogi sinting, bocah high schoolers Fisca and Nini, jeung Stella, Rasyda, Kak Novi, Kak Ghe, Kak Icchonk, Irvan, Rico, and also kakak kakak pengurus.. Thank you for being so patient with us. I love everyone!

When the day came, I sit on the plane with everyone. I thank God already. I said, this is enough. Another dream has come true, and I no more thinking about the result. This is a honest thing to say. I finally got the opportunity that I’ve been waiting for such a long time. It is satisfied me enough to reach this point. So, can you imagine how I feel when we get the Gold Medal? Priceless. Of course there is still a lot more to prove. We need to work harder to beat the choir monsters. Gosh, they were so great, so committed, so stabilized. I adore them. We have to learn more and more to reach the same quality and sound production. Keep learning by doing. 
Is it just me.. but I don’t know why I like to consider my choir as my Glee club :D. Yeah, we have a lot of things in common with New Direction. Small amount of people, came from different places, combined in a small group with same vision: to sing. Unknown, newbie.. a zero start.


It is funny to find so many comments about what we did while in the other hand we do nothing to compare with anyone…  I know comparison will automatically come when you start a new thing, but I don't know that people can be so insecure about it. When we shake our ass off for a thing we really want, as long as you do it in a right way, I will not hear anybody thoughts unless it’s good to improve what am I doing :). There was such phase of downfall, in everyone's circle of days, and I think I'm gladly survived mine recently.. So, thank you God. What will I become without You? 

Anyway! Photos time!

@ Mandai Quarantine
Quarantine madness







i was shaking to death :))




stella got bored and decided to help mbak sate









Two songs we performed in pop and jazz category:

-             -   Chili Con Carne (originally sung by The Real Group)
         A song about cooking a Mexican food.Thank God for MCS who introduce me into this song, I found it very dynamic and a masterpiece. Such a challenge.
-              -   I’m In The Mood For Love (originally sung by Nat King Cole)


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments