Not for the faint-hearted

By Liku Layuk Allo - May 14, 2014

Love is a  flavorous thing. It was formed from sweetness, saltiness, everything's beautiful, everything's ugly, all mixed together into an "essence" that can fulfill your life. 23 years of living; as long as I read or watch about it, I am not yet accomplished the knowledge of describing what "love" is about. One thing I know for sure, it never tastes sour.

Love is a big thing. But as my best friend told me, "love is not made for the faint-hearted". It's not made for those who hesitate on the sidelines. We must be really brave, audacious, to throw yourself in the eye of the storm. Because when we fall in love with someone, we're become a lover; with motivations we might never fully understand. We will never care what the effects as long as you're together with the person. So it's like pushing yourself into a hurricane. So when it ends, the phase of breakdown is unavoidable. It's not only the fail that hurts; it's the regret that kills. The moment when you realize that you've been investing your feeling to somebody unworthy. 

Every love has a purpose. To teach you things. As an example, when I end my first love, it taught me to be more mature and to be thankful. It is an error of judgement to assume that mission of love is to make us happy. It may well be that love has other designs, other objectives, that are much more mysterious than happiness. I think that some of our most far-reaching love affairs are those that fail. And sometimes it's the broken affairs that give us the most. People may speculate about those things happened about you, but they will never know the truth.. Because they haven't walked your path. 

Failing at love is really a blessing.


Ted Mosby (TM) : "Five years ago, this Robin I knew wouldn't choose love instead of job."
Robin Scherbastsky (RS) : "I think I am so much dumber now."
TM : "No, just more courageous."

                                                                                                                      - How I Met Your Mother


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments