Daily Journal #2 : Something New

By Liku Layuk Allo - February 24, 2021

 Hi, it's 2021.

Quick life updates: I am still alive, and I got vaccinated. Yeay.

It's February already and I can't believe how the time always fool me. It feels just like yesterday when I promise to update hashtag mydailyjournal more often. 

What's new? Oh, I bought my first car by the end of 2020. And for that I am very grateful. The first weeks I still pinched myself and smile stupidly from ear to ear. It was like "whoa is this real? Am I really driving my own car?" and I know this was the best decision I made lately because deep in my heart I knew my parents will never buy me one. They kept promising that they will do once I apply and got accepted at residency. But to be honest I know they can't afford it. Lol, it's not a problem tho. This is a very satisfying move since I don't owe them a dime. I don't have to feel 'guilty' for anything. I am the only person responsible for my own belongings. It's not new; it's a 2019 car. FYI, initially aimed for 2016 car. Thank God, I, very luckily, found the 2 years old car meets my budget. And he's really cute. He looks like new for God sake! Arrgh. I named him Yeti by the way. Merely because he's white. Yeah, lame, I know. And because of him, now I am back on being poor. But very grateful.  

Yeti really helps me in terms of mobilization, honestly. No more rush every morning, and confusion on which things I should bring to work (one is not a light packer at all), and everything's much more easier now. I need to wait until 30 yo 'till I get my own car but that's okay. Terima kasih ya Tuhan buat rezeki yang Engkau beri dan orang-orang yang membantu di dalam proses ini. 

As you know, these past months I've been actively working out. Either it's at home or outdoor run. But actually I am a lil'bit behind this February, maybe it's because I have seen some progress the past 2 months and I'm easily impressed. To make up the laziness, I started working out again yesterday and today and my leg muscles felt heavy again. Once I fell back a bit, the flexibility and muscles start to protest. 

And I also start reading again. Realizing that social media, Instagram in particular, only triggers me towards bad mood lately, I decided to log out from it and creating other account with no followers. I just follow a few accounts that I thought "non provoking" once in a while and decided that I need healthy distraction. I watched some booktuber channel to find some insights on what books should I buy. A few days ago I went to Gramedia and bought three novels. I read two in 3-4 days and thankfully they are good. Especially the first one, Rumah Lebah by Ruwi Meita. It's an Indonesian novel, the first Indonesian psychological thriller novel that I ever read. It's surprisingly refreshing and enjoyable. I am gonna buy her other novel. The second one, The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides is just okay. It's quite disappointing actually; if you want to judge based on the rave reviews. I just don't vibe with the character progression and plot line. The author tried to bring it into good direction but I just don't feel it. Now I am currently reading the third one, which is classic Oscar Wilde's, The Picture of Dorian Gray

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments