Manga War Event

By Liku Layuk Allo - September 30, 2012

The term manga is a Japanese word referring both to comics and cartooning. Manga are comics created in Japan, or by Japanese creators in the Japanese language, conforming to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century. They have a long, complex pre-history in earlier Japanese art. In Japan, people of all ages read manga. The medium includes works in a broad range of genres: action-adventure, romance, sports and games, historical drama, comedy, science fiction and fantasy, mystery, horror, sexuality, etc. Since the 1950s, manga has steadily become a major part of the Japanese publishing industry, representing a ¥406 billion market in Japan in 2007 (approximately $3.6 billion) and ¥420 billion ($5.5 billion) in 2009. Manga have also gained a significant worldwide audience (data taken from Wikipedia).

I personally adore the manga since I was a child. I remember those days when I carry it anywhere, while laying on bed, eating, in the car; literally anywhere. I enjoy almost every genre of manga, and I am so crazy about it so I decided to make my own silly manga when I was in junior high. Although I have not read all kind of manga anymore in latest few years(yeah I read novel all the time), I am still stick with those favorites of mine which I can’t let go because I’ve been committed to it. One of the reason why I love manga is because it has a smart and really good plot so while a new chapter comes out , manga readers can have a clever constructive debate on what will happen next.

Based on the fact and personal experience, a few days ago I attended “Manga War”, an event brought by Mangaka Makassar community, which one of my bestie Risdam a.k.a Videl, joined in. This event collaborate with other Japanese based communities around Makassar, such as Shinseki48 community (AKB48 fanbase), Yu Gi Oh community, and Komasu (cosplay community) I decide to come to take some pictures and to support Del whom joining the Manga War. So he competes with some other local mangaka to make an original character and short comic storyline with free theme. The winner will get money and trophy. The event is fun! I found it nice to see and enjoy things from other perspective, as a dork myself, I enjoyed the moment when so many passionate people gather around to have fun together.









Afro Dance from Keroro Gunsou/Sersan Keroro manga








This short comic made by local mangaka, he's still 20 years old, but done this STELLAR job
Dope, right?

Seravith - original character made by Del
"Time To Shine" one page-comic made by Del :D
Yeah! And he won 1st price in two different category *beer*
tim sukses sekaligus pencetus ide-ide brilyan

Anyway, have you notice some change in here? Yes! I have new blogger layout, and in love with it. How do you think?  I owe big thanks to Reynald Priandono Sumarno a.k.a Kak Rian, who kindly offered himself to re-new this blog to anything I want, after almost 3 years stuck in the same look. I guess it helps to improve my mood to write J

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments