Gratitude

By Liku Layuk Allo - November 29, 2018

I just want to spend some minutes getting out from my night shift for a while just to say a simple "thank you God."

I just got home from New Zealand two weeks ago and I haven't express my proper-feeling of gratitude-since then. What can I say, a few years back I am just a little girl from a modest family who can only dream of seeing the world, NZ, in particular. It was only a dream for me to visit the beautiful country. I had no job, had no money, yet now I can see His beautiful creations in other part of the world with my own sweats. To say that I am thankful is an understatement. I can't digest my own blessings because it's too big. It seems I can't even find the proper words to express it for so long. His blessings has always been wonderful and I constantly being reminded day by day.

Thank you God for my life. Thank you for all the blessings that You had given to me. Thank you for giving me those things that I wish for many times. Thank you for showing me those hundreds of sheeps during our trip in NZ. They are so many, and funny, I always remember You for that. I remember that lyric of Irvin Berlin's song: "..Count your blessings instead of sheeps." Now I get it. No matter how many sheeps that I have seen, Your blessings will always be more than them. It is uncountable.

I am forever grateful. Thank you.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments